Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dave Gibbons at Bayside

Dave Gibbons from Newsong and author of The Monkey and the Fish spoke at Bayside today. He preached on Isaiah 58:1-8 and really challenged me a lot with what he said. He challenged me to look at my relationships to see if I was truly showing the love of God through them. By relationships he didn't just mean my family and friends; the true test was how we treat strangers. Here are some more points from his message:
  • Our relationships are the true test of our faith.
  • The Contrarian way is when you align your preferences with God's preferences.
  • The greatest vision comes with a relationship with God.
  • The Purple Cow of the Church is loving somebody that is different from you.
  • The difference between compassion and justice as a holistic approach to looking at people and society.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your review on this book.