Sunday, January 11, 2009

Break Free at Bayside

Tina and I went to one of the morning services at Bayside Church today. Even though I have been going there for almost 2 years, I continue to be amazed at how great this church is. We were able to get seats in the front row and had an excellent view of Lincoln as he did an awesome job of leading worship.

Today's message was titled "Breaking the Grip of Discouragement." It was the second part of their 4 part series called "Break Free." Ray Johnston did an excellent job of teaching us how discouragement is a disease that can ultimately lead to not just spiritual death but physical death. The 3 main points of the message were:
  1. Let God's grace resolve your past.
  2. Let God's promises lift your spirit.
  3. Let your hopes not your hurts shape your future.
I think I struggle with the second point the most. I tend to forget or even doubt that when I die I'm going to what Ray called "the land of the living." My desire is to focus on the fact that God has secured my future, to stop fearing death, and to remember that I have an inheritance to claim.

No comments: